This is a basic course consisting of a minimum of 600 clock hours of training as required by the Indiana Board of Cosmetology. It includes the following minimum curriculum. A student who completes this course and successfully passes a state board examination will be prepared to enter into the salon as a manicurist or nail technician.
Manicuring Course Hours
The State of Indiana requires 450 hours in order to obtain a license in Manicuring. To better prepare the student for the work force in this field Rudae’s has added hours to the program to better educate the student in the areas of Manicuring, Pedicuring, Sanitation and Nail Techniques.
Discretionary: 45 hrs
Salesmanship: 20 hrs
Sanitation: 55 hrs
Anatomy & Disorders: 25 hrs
Laws: 10 hrs
Nail Techniques: 260 hrs
Manicuring: 100 hrs
Pedicuring: 60 hrs
Chemistry: 10 hrs
Electric File: 20 hrs
Total Curriculum Hours: 600
Manicuring Program Cost
600 Hours Tuition@ $8.95 per hour: $5,370.00
Registration fee: $100.00
Application fee: $100.00
Technology Fees: $249.00
Total Cost: $7,326.00
iPad with kit: $430.00
Total Cost with iPad: $7,756.00
On Campus Housing: Not Offered
* The fee for our student kit, books, and mannequin is non-refundable after they have been issued to the student. An extra fee will be charged to all Manicuring students who fail to complete their 600 hours of training within the allotted contract dates. This charge will be applied only after the contract ending date. An administration fee of $150.00 will be charged to any student who discontinues prior to graduation with the exception of extenuating circumstances.
Class Schedules For Manicuring
20 Hours Per Week Night Program: 7.5 Months
Monday – Friday 5:30pm – 9:30pm
30 Hours Per Week Night Program: 5 Months
Monday – Friday 3:00pm – 9:30pm
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) name and code for Cosmetology is: 39-5092.00 Manicurists and Pedicurists. Please visit the Department of Labor’s website at the following link to obtain information on this field of occupation.
Along with the Department of Labor the National Center for Education Statistics provides data concerning cosmetology under the following CIP code: 12.0410. Use this code at the following link.
You can also access statistical data about our schools on the College Navigator website at the following link.
The Completion, Placement, and Licensure rates for this program as submitted to our accrediting agency; the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences in our Annual Report are as follows:
Indiana Licensing Requirements
Manicuring: Each student must complete the following:
- Complete 600 clock hours of training.
- Complete the State practical book requirements
- Satisfactorily pass all written tests with a 75% or higher.
- Pass all practical exams with a 75% or higher.
- Pass the school final written exam with a 75% or higher.
- Satisfy all financial responsibilities to the school.
The State of Indiana requires that each student obtain a license from the State to become employed in Indiana. For information on factors that may prevent a student from obtaining such a license please visit the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency website.
Please refer to the State of Indiana Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners Licensure Laws and Regulations: