Instructor prepares cosmetologists, barbers, stylists, nail technicians, and other grooming specialists to teach their specializations in licensed and accredited schools of cosmetology and barbering, and to prepare for licensure as instructors. Includes instruction in cosmetology arts and sciences teaching principles; student learning styles; professional curricula development; instructional planning; instructional methods and aids; student counseling and career assistance; test development; and classroom/clinic management.
Total Curriculum Hours: 1000
Instructor Training Program Cost:
1000 Hour Tuition @ $12.77 per hour: $12,770.00
Registration fee: $100.00
Application fee: $100.00
Technology Fees: $249.00
Total Cost: $13,419.00
iPad with Kit: $430.00
Total Cost with iPad: $13,849.00
On Campus Housing: Not Offered
* The fee for our student kit, books, and mannequin is non-refundable after they have been issued to the student. An extra fee will be charged to all Instructor Training students who fail to complete their 1000 hours of training within the allotted contract dates. This charge will be applied only after the contract ending date. An administration fee of $150.00 will be charged to any student who discontinues prior to graduation with the exception of extenuating circumstances.
Class Schedules For Instructor
40 Hours Per Week Program: 6.25 Months
Tuesday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm
30 Hours Per Week Program: 8.33 Months
Tuesday – Saturday 9:00am – 3:30pm
20 Hours Per Week Night Program: 12.5 Months
Ft. Wayne: Mon. – Fri. 5:30pm – 9:30pm
30 Hours Per Week Night Program: 8.33 Months
Ft. Wayne: Mon. – Fri. 3:00pm – 9:30pm
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) does not have a specific code for Instructor Training and crosswalks the programs CIP code to the Cosmetology SOC code.
Along with the Department of Labor the National Center for Education Statistics provides data concerning cosmetology under the following CIP code: 12.0413. Use this code at the following link.
You can also access statistical data about our schools on the College Navigator website at the following link.
The Completion, Placement, and Licensure rates for this program as submitted to our accrediting agency; the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences in our Annual Report are as follows:
Indiana Licensing Requirements
Instructor: Each student must complete the following:
- Complete 1000 clock hours of training.
- Complete the State practical book requirements.
- Satisfactorily pass all written tests with a 75% or higher.
- Pass all practical exams with a 75% or higher.
- Pass the school final written exam with a 75% or higher.
- Satisfy all financial responsibilities to the school.
The State of Indiana requires that each student obtain a license from the State to become employed in Indiana. For information on factors that may prevent a student from obtaining such a license please visit the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency website.
Please refer to the State of Indiana Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners Licensure Laws and Regulations: